2 Ripe Bananas
1 cup Besan Flour
1 tsp Red Chilly Powder (Lal mirch)
1/2 tsp Asafoetida (Hing)
A pinch of Turmeric Powder (Haldi)
2 cup Refined Oil for deep frying
As required Salt (Namak)
A pinch of Baking Powder
- Slice the bananas into roundels.
- In a bowl add the besan flour, turmeric powder, salt, baking powder,red chilly powder and the asafoetida.
- Mix thoroughly with a spatula.
- Add a little water to make a batter which is neither too thick nor too thin.
- The batter should be of pouring consistency.
- Add the banana slices to the batter so that the banana roundels are coated by the batter.
- Heat the oil in a kadai and deep fry the bananas till they are golden brown in colour.
- Drain the bananas and remove.
- Serve hot.