2 cup stringed and cut into small pieces French Beans
1 chopped Onion (Pyaj)
3 chopped Green Chillies (Hari Mirch)
1/2 tsp Mustard seeds (Rai/Sarson)
1 tblsp Refined Oil
5 tblsp grated Coconut (Nariyal)
As required Salt (Namak)
1 sprig Curry Leaves (Kari Patta)
- Heat the oil in a pan over a gentle flame.
- Add the mustard seeds.
- When they crackle, add the chopped onions, green chillies and the curry leaves.
- Fry for 3 minutes.
- Add the sliced beans, salt and just sufficient water to cook the beans.
- Cook till the beans are soft and the water has evaporated. Do not overcook otherwise the beans will lose its green color.
- Now add the grated coconut. Your beans foogath is ready