2 cup stringed & chopped French Beans
1/2 cup grated Coconut (Nariyal)
1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder (Haldi)
1 tsp Mustard Seeds (Rai/Sarson)
1 tsp Cumin Seeds (Jeera)
1sprig Curry Leaves (Kari Patta)
2 broken Red Chillies (Lal mirch)
5 gms Salt (Namak) use as required
1 medium sized chopped Onion (Pyaj)
1 tblsp Coconut Oil
How to make beans poriyal:
- Heat the oil in a pan and add the mustard seeds.
- When they crackle add the curry leaves,cumin seeds, turmeric powder and the red chillies.
- Fry for 2 minutes.
- Add the onions , grated coconut ,salt and the beans.
- Fry for 3 minutes over a medium flame.
- Add a little water and cook till the beans are cooked and the mixture is dry.
- Beans poriyal or easy french beans stir fry is ready.