1 cup sliced small Ladies Finger (Bhindi)
2 cups Yoghurt
2 minced Onions (Pyaj)
1 tsp Fenugreek seeds (Methi)
2 chopped Green chillies (Hari mirch)
1/2 tsp Mustard seeds (Rai/Sarson)
As required Salt (Namak)
2 cups Refined Oil for deep frying
How to make bhindi pachadi:
- Heat the oil in a kadai and deep fry the ladies finger over a medium flame till they are cooked and a little crisp.
- Drain them.
- Beat the yoghurt in a blender.
- Keep aside.
- Mix the ladies finger with the yoghurt, green chillies and the salt in a bowl.
- Heat about 1 tspn of the oil in a pan.
- Add the mustard seeds.
- When they crackle add the fenugreek seeds and stir for a minute over a medium flame till the fenugreek seeds starts to change colour.
- Pour onto the ladies finger.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Immediately serve in a bowl.