1 cup Whole Wheat Flour (Gehun Ka Atta)
As required Salt (Namak)
2 cup Spinach Leaves (Palak Ke Patta)
2 cup Refined Oil for deep frying
A pinch of Turmeric Powder (Haldi Powder)
A pinch of Sodium bi Carbonate
How to make Palak Poori/Puri:
- Wash the spinach leaves.
- Boil the leaves with a little of the turmeric and the soda -bi carb in a sauce pan till the leaves are soft.
- Drain, cool the leaves and grind in a blender.
- Sieve the flour along with the salt in a basin.
- Add the spinach paste ande mix with the flour.
- Add sufficient water if required and make a stiff dough.
- Keep the dough aside for 20 minutes.
- Divide the dough into even sized balls.
- Roll the balls into pooris.
- Heat the oil in a kadai.
- Add the pooris and fry them until they puff up and are golden brown in colour.
- Serve these spinach fried flour flat breads hot.