Here is a simple and easy potato paratha recipe. Potato paratha Punjabi style is the most popular recipe which little spicy and tangy also.
Dough for plain parathas
Coriander 1 tbsp
Green chillies 4
Mango powder 2 tsp
Chilli powder 1/2 tsp
Cumin seeds 1 tsp
Ghee 1 tbsp
Salt to taste
How to make Potato Parathas:
- Boil the potatoes.
- Chop the onion, green chillies and coriander.
- Mash the potatoes coarsely or cut into very small pieces.
- Fry the cumin seeds and onion for at least 3 minutes.
- Add the green chillies and fry again for 1 minute.
- Add the potatoes, salt, coriander, chilli powder and mango powder. Mix well and cook for 1 minute.
- Cook the mixture.
- Knead the dough very well.
- Take a small portion of the dough, flatten a little and put a tablespoon of the potato mixture in the centre. Cover the potato mixture by drawing up the edges towards the centre. Press on a floured board and roll out into a round as large as a saucer.
- Cook the paratha on a hot skillet for a minute or 2 and turn once. After a minute, add a little ghee around the edges.
- Turn again and fry the other side. When brown patches appear on both sides, the paratha is ready.
- Repeat for the rest of the dough.
- Serve hot with butter.