1 small cabbage (patta gobi), cut finely
2 medium sized onion (pyaj), cut finely
1 tsp urad dal
1 tsp channa dal
5-6 dry red chilli (lal mirch)
1 tsp mustard seeds (raai)
1 sprig curry leaves (kari patta)
2 tblsp coconut (narial), shredded
a pinch of hing
salt (namak) to taste
2 tblsp cooking oil (tel)
How to make Cabbage Upkari:
- heat up the oil and mix in the mustard, red chillies dals and curry leaves.
- fry till the mustard crackles.
- now mix in the onions and fry till the onions turn translucent and start turning brown.
- mix in the cabbage, salt to taste and some water and cover cooked on a small flame till the cabbage is done.
- mix in the shredded coconut and the hing.