GAJJAR METHI RECIPE
Fresh fenugreek (methi) leaves - one bunch
Carrots - 500 gms
Onions (chopped) -3 nos.
Garlic (chopped)- a few flakes
Tomatoes (chopped) -3 nos.
Oil- 30 ml
Cumin (jeera) whole - 1 tsp
Turmeric (haldi)- powder - 1 tsp
Coriander -cumin (dhania jeera) powder - 2 tsp
Salt - to taste
How to make gajjar methi:
- Clean the methi leaves and blanch them in salted boiling water.
- Chop the methi leaves finely.
- Cut the carrots into diamond shape and parboil it.
- Heat oil in a kadai and temper with jeera.
- Add onions and brown well.
- Add ginger- garlic and the dry Indian masalas and cook it further for a few minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and allow it to cook till the tomatoes are well pulped.
- Mix in the methi and sauté till the moisture in the methi evaporates.
- Mix in the carrots and cover and cook for sometime.
- Adjust seasoning and stir well.