Few Black cardamom pods
25 gms piece of cinnamon stick
25 gms Cloves
50 gms Peppercorns
1/2 tsp garam masala
1/3 cup cut tomato (tamatar)es
1 tblsp plain yogurt
2-3 tblsp cut coriander leaves (dhania patta)
500 gms cauliflower (phool gobi)
1/4 tsp tumeric
2 tsp grated ginger (adrak)
1/2 tsp chili powder
1 green chilly (hari mirch) chopped
How to make dum gobhi:
- Heat up a heavy pan, lower heat, mix in pods and cinnamon.
- Move them around for two minutes.
- Mix in cloves and peppercorn and stir for another minute.
- Turn off heat but continue stirring until the heat.
- Wash, drain, and cut cauliflower into 1 inch florets, including stem.
- Combine chili powder, ginger, tomato, green chili, tumeric with the yogurt in a small bowl.
- Spray with little oil on a pot.
- Put cauliflower into pot then pour out spices over the top.
- Cover pot tightly and stir fry over low heat up for 10-15 minutes (cauliflower will steam in the spicy mixture).
- Stir in half the cilantro leaves, increase heat up to medium, and stir fry with lid off for another 5-6 minutes, to drive off excess moisture.
- Turn off heat up and sprinkle with garam masala and reamaining coriander.
- Make sure all liquid is driven off serve with basmati rice.