French Bean 2 cups
Brinjals 1 cup cut into small pieces
Ginger 1 tbspn chopped
Sugar 1 tspn
Turmeric powder a pinch
Curry leaves 1/2 sprig
Cumin seeds 1 tspn
Mustard seeds 1 tspn
Black pepper corns 1 tbspn
grounded Red chilly 1 no broken
Asafoetida 1/2 tspn
Salt use as required
Refined oil 1tbspn
Green chillies 4nos
- Wash ,string and cut the beans into small pieces.
- Cut the brinjal into small pieces and put them in water.[put the brinjals in water to avoid discolouration
- Grind the ginger and the green chillies. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan. Add the mustard seeds.
- When they crackle add the curry leaves, cumin seeds, red chilly and the grounded pepper. Fry for a few seconds over a medium flame.
- Add the ginger and green chilly paste. Fry for 2 minutes over a low flame stirring continuously.
- Add the asafoetida, turmeric powder, the vegetables and saute for 5 minutes.
- Add the sugar and salt and a little water and cook till the vegetables are tender and the water has evaporated.
- Serve hot.