CHAKKA (JACKFRUIT) CURRY RECIPE
Jack fruit 2 cups chopped,use raw jackfruit
Potatoes 1 no large
Tomatoes 2 nos medium
Onions 2 nos medium
Ginger 1 tspn chopped
Green chillies 2 nos
Refined oil 2 tbspns
Ghee 1 tbspn
Salt use as required
Sugar 1 tbspn
Red chillies 2 nos
Garlic 3 flakes
Coconut milk 1/2 cup
How to make chakka curry:
- Chop the potatoes, tomatoes, onions and green chillies.
- The chopped potatoes should be immersed in water to prevent the
skin from changing its colour.
- Grind in a blender the red chillies, ginger and garlic along with
the sugar adding a little water if necessary to obtain a fine paste.
- Soak the jackfruit in cold water for 30 minutes.
- Heat a little water in a pan and when the water boils add the
jackfruit. Make sure the jackfruit is immersed in water.
- Cook till the jack fruit is three fourths cooked. Drain and keep
- Heat the oil in a pan. Add the red chilly- garlic ginger paste
and fry for 2 minutes.
- Add the jackfruit and potatoes and fry till golden brown.
- Add the ghee, chopped onions and tomatoes.(Increase the flame but
- Fry for 3 minutes .(reduce the flame.)
- Add the green chillies along with the coconut milk. Add a little
water if required if you think the coconut milk is not sufficient.
- Cook for 5 minutes over a medium flame, at the end of which there
should be some gravy remaining. Serve hot