Cauliflower 2 cups
Refined flour 1/2 cup
Corn flour 1cup
Besan flour 1/2 cup
Salt 5 gms use as required
Asafoetida 1/2 tspn
Ajinomotto 1 tspn mono sodium gluttamate
Kashmiri chilly powder 1 tbspn
Garam masala powder 1 tspn
Cumin powder 1/2 tspn
Red chilly powder 1/2 tspn
Refined oil 2 cups for deep frying
Eggs 1 no
Onion 2 nos medium size, cut into round slices
Lemon juice 1 tbspn
- Cut the cauliflower into florettes.
- Make a batter with the refined flour,besan flour, corn flour,a little water, eggs, spices,salt and ajinomotto in a basin.
- The batter should be neither too thick nor too thin.It should be of pouring consistency.
- Mix thoroughly. Dip the cauliflower in the batter for 20 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a kadai and fry the cauliflower till golden brown over a medium flame.
- Serve hot garnished with onion rings and sprinkle some lemon juice.
- Note: the length of time in which the cauliflower is soaked in the batter is not included in the cook time.