6 Orange (Santra)
3 litres Milk (Doodh)
3/4 cup Sugar (Cheeni)
1 tablespoon Sugar
How to make Kamalar Payesh:
- Peel deseed and then remove the skin of each orange segment.
- Collect the segments in a bowl and add 1 tablespoon of sugar. Set aside.
- In a thick bottomed pan boil the milk till it reduces to about half its volume. Remember to keep the flame low.
- Keep stirring constantly so that the milk does not stick on the pan. Once milk is thickened add sugar.
- When the milk is of semi solid consistency take it off the fire and let it cool.
- Drain all excess juice from the orange segments.
- Add the oranges to the mixture and mix in gently. Place in fridge to chill.
- It is important to let the thickened milk cool to room temperature before adding the oranges or else it will curdle.