MASALA DAL RECIPE
Split red gram 1cup
Green chillies 5 nos slit
Corriander leaves 1 tbspn chopped
Turmeric powder 1/2 tspn
Coconut 1/2 cup grated
Salt use as required
Mustard seeds 1 tspn
Cumin seeds 1 tspn
Tomatoes 2 nos chopped
Refined oil 1 tbspn
Onions 1 no sliced
How to make masala dal:
- Wash and soak the gram for 30 minutes.
- Grind the grated coconut with a little water to a smooth paste in
a blender.Keep aside.
- Fry the sliced onions till golden brown. Remove and keep aside.
- Cook the gram in a pressure cooker with just sufficient water to
cook the dal until soft .
- Remove the lid of the cooker and add the green chillies , turmeric powder tomatoes and salt. Cook for 3 minutes.
- When the tomatoes are cooked add the coconut paste. Mix
- Cook for a minute and remove from the flame.
- Heat the oil in a pan. Add the mustard seeds, when they crackle
add the cumin seeds.
- Fry for a few seconds over a low flame. Pour over the dal.
- Serve hot garnished with the fried onions and the chopped
corriander leaves. leaves.