Brinjal 3 nos
Fenugreek leaves 2 cups
Ginger 2tbspns chopped
Tomato puree 1tbspn
Red chilly powder 1 tspn
Mustard seeds 2 tspns
Refined oil 2 tbspns
Salt use as required
Sugar 1 tspn
Corriander leaves 1 tbsp
How to make Methi Begun:
- Cut the Brinjal into cubes.
- Place the brinjals in a bowl of water.(this is to prevent the discolouration of the brinjals which will occur if the brinjals come into contact with air)
- Wash and chop the fenugreek leaves.
- Grind the ginger and mustard to a smooth paste in a blender adding a little water to obtain a paste like consistency. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan. Add the brinjals and fry for a minute over a medium flame stirring constantly.
- Add the red chilly powder,ginger-mustard paste, salt and the sugar and fry for a minute over a low flame.
- Add the fenugreek leaves and the tomato puree and fry for a minute.
- Add a little water and cook the vegetables till they are done and the water has evaporated.
- Serve hot garnished with the chopped corriander leaves.