Yoghurt 2 cups
Walnuts 1/2 cup shelled and chopped
Raisins 1/4 cup chopped
Dates 1/4 cup chopped
Cashew nuts 2 tbspns
Cucumber 1/2 cup chopped
Cumin powder 1 tspn
Garam masala powder 1 tspn
Ghee 2 tbspns
Rose water 1 tspn
Salt use as required
Red chilly powder 1 tspn
- Beat the yoghurt thoroughly with the cumin powder and the salt in a basin.
- Melt the ghee in a pan and add the cashew nuts . Fry till golden brown and pour over the yoghurt.
- Add the chopped walnuts, raisins, rose water, dates and the cucumber and mix with the yoghurt thoroughly.
- Transfer to a glass bowl. Sprinke a little garam masala powder on top of the dish in the form of a horizontal line.
- Sprinkle the red chilly powder adjacent to the garam masala thus forming 2 coloured bands.