Moong dal – 200 gms
Ghee – 1 tblsp
Curry leaves – 5 – 6 nos.
Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
Sugar – 1/2 tsp
Lime juice – 1/4 tsp
Fresh coconut (grated)- 1/4 tsp
Fresh coriander leaves (chopped)- 2 tblsp
Salt – to taste
Green chillies (chopped) – 3 nos.
Onion (medium sized and chopped) – one
How to make Dry Moong Dal:
- Clean, wash and soak the moong dal for 30-45 minutes.
- Heat ghee in a pan and add cumin seeds.
- When it crackles, add curry leaves, turmeric powder, chopped green chillies and sauté it for a minutes.
- Add chopped onion and sauté it till cooked.
- Add chopped tomatoes and sauté it till the masalas leaves the oil.
- Add the moong dal, sauté it well and cook the dal.
- Once the dal is cooked ( do not overcook), add lime juice, fresh coconut and salt and mix it well.
- Garnish with green coriander leaves.