1/2 tsp turmeric (haldi) powder
200 gms paneer (cottage cheese)
2 tblsp red chili powder
salt (namak) to taste
1tblsp. lemon juice
5 tblsp ghee
100 gms chana dal
2 tsp sugar (cheeni)
3 black papers (kali mirch danna)
3 clove (laung)
2 cinnamon (dalchini)
2 black cardamom (elaichi moti)
2 bay leaves (tej patta)
How to make Paneer Dal Curry:
- Roast all ingredients for masala in 1/2 tsp oil and grind to make the powder.
- Soak chana dal for 3-4 hours in water.
- Cut paneer into pieces and fry in ghee.
- In a pot melt ghee and mix in masala powder.
- After 2 minutes mix in the chana dal, salt, red chili powder and turmeric powder.
- Add a little water and stir fry on medium heat.
- When the dal is cooked, mix in sugar and lemon juice and stir.
- Mix paneer pieces and serve warm.