Castor sugar 3 tbsp
Milk 2 cups
Flour 225 gms
Butter for frying 3 tbsp
Lemon juice 1 tbsp
Salt to taste
How to make Apple Pancakes:
- Whisk eggs.
- Peel, core and slice apples.
- Sprinkle lemon juice over the apple slice, divide into 4 portions and put aside.
- Mix sugar, salt and milk into the eggs. Gradually stir in flour, a spoonful at a time, to avoid formation of lumps. Strain if necessary, mix well and keep aside.
- Heat 1 tsp butter in a non-stick pan over medium heat. Pour ? of the batter onto the butter, tilt the pan to spread batter evenly.
- Spread one portion of apple slices evenly all over the pancake and cook over medium heat, taking care that the pancake does not burn.
- Reduce heat and using a large spatula or even a plate, invert the pancake onto the other side, apple side down. Trickle some butter on the sides of the pancake so that it does not stick. Cook further only for 2-3 minutes, take care that the apple does not burn. Transfer to serving dish.
- Similarly, prepare remaining pancakes.
- Sprinkle sugar on top and drizzle sweetened cream (optional) just before serving.