1 cup grated Beetroot (Chacundar)
1/2 cup Sugar (Cheeni)
1/2 cup Mawa (dried milk or khoya)
10 Cashew Nuts
3 tblsp Ghee
1 Silver Paper
How to make Beetroot Halwa:
- In a pan melt a little of the ghee.
- Add the cashew nuts and fry till the cashew nuts are golden brown in colour.
- Remove and keep aside.
- Boil the beetroot in a pan with just sufficient water to cook the beetroot.
- Cook till the water has evaporated and the beetroot is cooked.
- Add the sugar ,mawa and the butter and cook till the mixture is almost dry and forms balls when tested with the fingers.
- Remove from the flame.
- Put on a greased tray and allow to cool.
- garnish the dish with the cashew nuts and finally place the silver paper on top.