1/4 cup moong dal (lentil)
1 cup coconut
2 cup (grated) cardamom powder
1/4 cup raisins
1/4 cup ghee
1 tsp cashewnuts
How to make Dal Payasam:
- Wash and remove the dal.
- Fry it in hot ghee for 2-3 mins.
- Keep aside.
- Fry the cashew nuts and raisins in ghee and keep aside.
- Cut 5-6 coconut rings and cut it further to small pieces.
- Fry it in ghee and keep aside.
- Grate the remaining coconut and grind it with 1 cup hot water.
- Remove and reserve the coconut milk.
- Again mix in 1 cup hot water to the ground and drained coconut and grind.
- Squeeze the milk out and reserve in a separate round dish from the previous.
- Mix in this second milk to the fried dal and pressure stir fry it.
- Mean while, boil 1- 1/2 cup water and mix in the jaggery to it.
- Boil it till the liquid obtains a thick consistency.
- Pour out this into the boiled dal mixture and stir well.
- Stir fry for a few mins.
- Mix in cardamom pwd.
- And the fried cocunut pieces, cashew nuts and raisins.
- Keep stirring all the time.
- Mix in the thick coconut milk and mix well.
- Take off from heat up and serve hot.