1 cup Vemicelli (Semiya)
1 cups Milk (Doodh)
1/2 cup Sugar (Cheeni)
2 tblsp Ghee
10 Raisins (Kishmish)
10 Cashewnut (Kaju)
A pinch of Saffron (Kesar)
1/2 cup Condensed Mlk (Doodh)
How to make Semiya Payasam:
- Dissolve the saffron in 1 tbspn of cold milk.
- Keep aside.
- Boil the milk in a pan and cook the vermicelli in the milk.
- Cook over a medium flame.
- Add the sugar and continue cooking till the vermicelli is cooked.
- Remove from the flame.
- Make sure the milk has not evaporated.
- Add the condensed milk to the vermicelli mixture and mix thoroughly.
- Heat ghee in a pan and add the cashewnuts.
- Fry till golden brown over a low flame.
- Remove the cashewnuts and add the raisins.
- Fry till it puffs up.
- Drain and remove.
- Add the raisins and the cashew nuts to the payasam.
- Add the saffron to the payasam and mix thoroughly.
- Serve warm in small glass bowls or ice cream cups.
- Note : If the milk dries up, add some more milk . The final product should have milk as a part of the ingredients.
- This dish can also be served cold, but preferrably warm