Vermicelli 120 gms
Milk 4 cups
Raisins 2 tbsp
Sugar 5 tbsp or more if required
Cardamom powder 1/2 tsp
Saffron 1/4 tsp
Ghee 1 1/4 tbsp
Rose essence 8 to 10 drops
Silver leaves 2
Charoli 1 tbsp wiped with cloth
- Clean the raisins in running water to remove all the dirt.
- Blanch the almonds and pistachios.
- Heat the saffron strands in a small metal bowl on very low fire, shaking the bowl all the time so that the saffron threads do not burn.
- When the saffron gets cool, crush the saffron with & keep it aside. Now heat the ghee in a heavy-bottomed pan and keep the fire low, and add the vermicelli and fry to a light golden colour.
- Now pour 1/2 cup water and let it cook it till it turns soft.
- Cut the blanched almonds and pistachios into slices. Add half of these along with charoli, cardamom powder, raisins, crushed saffron and rose essence.
- Place the shirkhurma in a bowl and sprinkle the remaining slivers of almond and pistachios.
- Garnish with silver leaves and serve it either hot or cold