Mysore masala dosa is different from other forms of dosa. In dosa a layer of red color podi powder.
1/4 cup rice (poha) flakes
1 tblsp black gram whole (Urad Sabut Dal)
1/2 tsp fenugreek seeds (Methi Dana)
1 tblsp red gram dal (Tuvar Dal)
1 1/2 tblsp fine rawa (Semolina)
salt (namak) to taste
1/2 tsp sugar (Cheeni)
How to make Mysore Masals Dosa:
- Soak rice,fenugreek and both the dal together for 2 to 3 hours.
- Soak rice flakes separately for an hour.
- Grind everything together to smooth and thick paste. Mix salt.
- Allow to ferment for 16 to 20 hours.
- Next day one hour before preparing dosa add rawa and sugar.
- Spread dosa as thin as possible.
- Fry on one side only with enough oil till crisp.
- Keep a tablespoon of potato masala inside and dot with little butter.
- Fold into a triangle and serve hot.