Set dosa is very nutritious breakfast recipe. It is soft and sponge. Learn how to make set dosai.
2 cups dosa rice (chawal)
2 cups raw rice (chawal)
1 cup black gram (sabut urad dal)
1/4 tsp color powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
salt (namak) to taste
oil (tel) enough for frying
How to make Set Dosa:
- Soak rice and dhal togehter in water for 4 to 5 hours.
- Grind to smooth paste. Add salt just before taking out from grinder.
- Allow to ferment overnight.
- Next day add color powder and baking soda to the batter.
- Mix well and pour dosa batter in the centre of the griddle or tawa and with the back of the spoon spread the batter on the gridle inside out such that it forms a thin layer.
- Fry both sides with oil.