Sponge dosa is very soft and delicious. Learn how to make sponge dosai.
2 cup dosa rice (chawal)
1/4 cup rice flakes (poha)
1/4 tsp baking soda
4 cups sour butter milk (mattha / chhaach)
salt (namak) to taste
oil (tel) enough for frying
How to make Sponge Dosa:
- Wash rice and rice flakes separately in butter milk for 12 hours.
- Grind to smooth paste. Add salt just before taking out from grinder.
- Add baking soda before preparing dosai.
- Mix well and pour a spoonful of dosa batter on the centre of the gridle and with the back of the spoon spread the batter inside out.
- Add one teaspoon of oil around it.
- Cover with lid and cook in medium flame until no raw batter on top.
- Fry on one side.