2 cup par boiled rice (chawal)
1/2 cup grated fresh coconut (narial)
10 red chillies
tamarind (imli) medium lemon size
1 tsp cummin seeds
1/2 tsp black pepper (kali mirch)
3 bunch curry leaves (kari patta)
a pinch asafoetida (hing)
1 cup red gram dal (tuvar dal)
salt (namak) to taste
oil (tel) enough for frying
How to make Tamarind Dosa:
- Soak rice and dhal together for 2 to 3 hours.
- Grind everything together to paste. Better to add pepper and cumin at the end of grinding. Mix salt. Dilute the batter with water if necessry.
- Pour a laddle full of batter in the centre and spread with the back of the spoon to form a thin round.
- Prepare dosa immediately.
- Fry on both side with enough oil.