2 cup French Bean
1 cup cut into small pieces Brinjals
1 tblsp chopped Ginger (Adrak)
1 tsp Sugar (Cheeni)
A pinch of Turmeric Powder (Haldi)
1/2 sprig Curry Leaves (Kari Patta)
1 tsp Cumin Seeds (Jeera)
1 tsp Mustard Seeds (Rai/Sarson)
1 tblsp grounded Black Pepper Corns (Kali Mirch)
1 broken Red Chilly (Lal Mirch)
1/2 tsp Asafoetida (Hing)
As required Salt (Namak)
1 tblsp Refined Oil
4 Green Chillies (Hari mirch)
- Wash ,string and cut the beans into small pieces.
- Cut the brinjal into small pieces and put them in water.
- Grind the ginger and the green chillies.
- Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan.
- Add the mustard seeds.
- When they crackle add the curry leaves, cumin seeds, red chilly and the grounded pepper.
- Fry for a few seconds over a medium flame.
- Add the ginger and green chilly paste.
- Fry for 2 minutes over a low flame stirring continuously.
- Add the asafoetida, turmeric powder, the vegetables and saute for 5 minute.
- Add the sugar and salt and a little water and cook till the vegetables are tender and the water has evaporated.
- Serve hot.