EGGPLANT PODI CURRY RECIPE
1/4 tsp tamarind paste
1/4 tsp turmeric (haldi)
4 tsp cooking oil (tel)
4 - 5 red chilli (lal mirch)
1 1/2 tsp corriander seeds
250 grams, washed and cut lengthwise eggplant (baigan)
a pinch of hing
1 tsp urad dal
1 tsp channa dal
1/4 tsp mustard seed (raai)
3/4 tsp salt (namak)
How to make eggplant podi curry:
- Dry roast urad dal, channa dal, corriander seeds, red chillies and hing.
- Dry grind the above with 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- Fry mustard, turmeric, and hing in oil and mix in the chopped eggplant to this.
- Sprinkle little water, and cover it slightly until the eggplant gets cooked.
- Now mix in the remaining salt, tarmarind paste and the ground masala powder.
- Mix it well and mix in a few teapoon of cooking oil.