2 cups Fenugreek Leaves (Methi Ka Patta)
2 tblsp chopped Ginger (Adrak)
1 tblsp Tomato Puree (Tamatar Ka Ras)
1 tsp Red Chilly Powder (Lal Mirchi)
2 tsp Mustard seeds (Rai/Sarson)
2 tblsp Refined Oil
As required Salt (Namak)
1 tsp Sugar (Cheeni)
1 tblsp Corriander Leaves (Dhania Patta)
- Cut the brinjal into cubes.
- Place the brinjals in a bowl of water.
- Wash and chop the fenugreek leaves.
- Grind the ginger and mustard to a smooth paste in a blender adding a little water to obtain a paste like consistency.
- Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan.
- Add the brinjals and fry for a minute over a medium flame stirring constantly.
- Add the red chilly powder,ginger-mustard paste, salt and the sugar and fry for a minute over a low flame.
- Add the fenugreek leaves and the tomato puree and fry for a minute.
- Add a little water and cook the vegetables till they are done and the water has evaporated.
- Serve hot garnished with the chopped corriander leaves.