Here's a delicious south Indian dosa recipe made of rice. Learn how to make adai or south Indian lentil crepes.
1 cup rice (chawal)
1/2cup split green gram lentil (moong ki dhuli dal)
1/2 cup split black gram lentil (urad ki dhuli dal)
1/2 cup split Bengal gram (chane ki dal)
1/2cup split red gram lentil (arhar dal)
1 tsp salt (namak)
1 tsp red chilly powder (lal mirch)
a pinch asafoetida (hing)
2 tbsp raw coconut (kutcha nariyal)
oil for cooking
How to make Adai:
- Soak rice for an hour.
- Soak all the dals in a separate container for an hour.
- Now grind both rice and dal separately by adding little water.
- Now mix both dal and rice batter.
- Add namak, lal mirch and hing in it.
- Grate nariyal and mix to the above.
- Cover it and leave aside for 2 hours.
- Now heat a non stick tawa and spread 1 tbsp of the batter on the whole of the pan.
- Grease all the corners with oil and cook on both the sides.
- Then turn on both the sides once or twice and cook properly.
- Serve the adai dosa hot with chutney.