Learn how to make delicious aloo bharta recipe made of alu (potatoes), onions, lime seeds and flavored with lime juice. Alu bhurta is to be eaten with the main course.
Potatoes – 5
Onions – 1 big or 2 small
Green chillies – 4 or 5 (according to taste)
Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
Chilli powder – 1/2 tsp
Salt – to taste
Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
Cooking oil – 2 tbsp
Coriander leaves – few sprigs
Lime juice – 1 tbsp
- Boil potatoes, peel and mash them.
- Chop the onions and green chillies finely.
- Heat the oil, add mustard seeds and when they start bursting, add the chopped onions, green chillies, chilli powder and turmeric and saute well.
- Add the mashed potatoes, salt, lime juice and mix them well.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves.