Aloo bhindi masala is okra, potatoes coated with masala made of onion, tomatoes and curry leaves. Learn how to make aloo bhindi masala.
Aloo (Potato) – 1/2 kg
Bhindi (Okra) – 1/2 kg
Tomato – 2 (medium size)
Onion – 3
Red Chilli Powder – 1 tbs
Salt – as needed
For Seasoning :
Mustard – 1 tsp
Curry Leaves – a few sprigs
Oil – a little
Chopped Onion – small quantity
- Peel the skin of the potato & cut into small pieces.
- Cut bhindi into 1 inch long pieces.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry the potatoes & bindi separately. Keep them aside.
- In a separate pan heat little oil & put mustard seeds. When it splits, add onion pieces. Fry until it turns to slight brown then add tomatoes & curry leaves. On a low fire, keep it for 10 minutes.
- Then add the fried aloo & bhindi. Add chilli powder & needed salt.
- Stir till masala and vegetables are properly mixed.
- Serve aloo bhindi masala with chapati or roti