This is a typical aloo in tomato gravy (Alu Tamatar Ki Sabzi) recipe. It has a flavour of asafetida (hing) and mustard seeds. Find out how to make potatoes in tomato gravy.
4 medium sized potato
5 medium sized tomato
3 tbsp oil
1 tsp mustard seeds
Salt to taste
1 tsp chilli powder
1 tsp turmeric powder
a small bunch of finely chopped coriander leaves
a small pinch of asafetida
- Peel the potatoes and cut into small cubes. (Alternatively you may pressure cook potatoes).
- Heat 3 tbsp of oil in kadai and add mustard seeds. After it splutters, add asafoetida.
- Then add the cut potatoes stirring it occasionally on the medium flame.
- Add turmeric powder, chilli powder and saute.
- Simultaneously make tomato puree by blending them in mixer and pour over the cooked potatoes.
- Stir it for 5 minutes and then garnish with coriander leaves.