Here's a delicious, rajasthani recipe that can be enjoyed at anytime. Learn how to make baati.
1/2 kg wheat flour (gehun ka aata)
250 gm clarified butter (desi ghee)
1 tsp salt (namak)
1 tsp baking powder
How to make Baati:
- Mix salt, baking powder and 4 tbsp ghee in flour.
- Knead into little hard dough with the help of water.
- Cover the dough with a clean cloth for an hour.
- Then make small rolls of the dough and press each roll with a thumb in the centre.
- Cook these in a preheated oven (tandoor).
- Turn on both sides.
- Cook at high flame for 5 minutes and then at low flame until they turn brown.
- Heat the remaining ghee in a pan and dip all baatis in it.
- Serve them with hot dal.