Badam Halwa Recipe
Badam Halwa or Indian Almond Fudge is a very rich but yummy dessert. Learn how to make badam halwa.
2 cups sugar
250 gms almonds
1 cup ghee
2 tblsp nuts
1/4 tsp saffron
A few crystals of edible camphor (kapur)
1/2 tsp cardamom powder
A pinch of yellow colouring
How to make Badam Halwa:
- Soak the almonds in water for 8 hrs.
- Chop the nuts.
- Soak the saffron in 1 tsp milk.
- Grind the almonds to a fine paste. Make a syrup with 2 cups of sugar of one-thread consistency. Add the ground almond paste.
- Keep on stirring, adding the ghee every few minutes. Stir till the mixture turns thick.
- Add saffron, nuts, cardamom powder and the edible crushed camphor.
- Grease a plate and pour the mixture and spread it evenly immediately. Decorate with nuts and leave it to cool.
- While still warm, cut into desired shapes.