Bajre Ki Khichdi Recipe
Here's a delicious, hot bajre ki khichdi recipe made of bajra (millet) and green gram lentil. Rajasthani millet khichdi is good in winters. Learn how to make bajre ki khichdi.
3 cup millet (baajra)
1/2 cup green gram lentil (moong ki chilkon ki dal)
1 1/2 tsp salt (namak)
10 cup water
clarified butter (ghee) as required
How to make Bajre Ki Khichdi:
- Soak millet in 1/2 cup water for 1 hour.
- Then crush it and remove its outer layer.
- Let it dry for sometime and then grind it like dalia.
- Boil 10 cup water in a heavy bottomed container.
- Put salt, dalia and dal in it and stir continuously.
- Cook at low flame once it boils.
- Let it cook for 2 hours. Stir occasionally.
- Add 2 tbsp clarified butter and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Remove it from the flame and serve hot with sufficient ghee.