Learn how to make basundi. Basundi is made from milk, saffron and lots of dry fruits.
1 litre milk
250 g. sugar (as per your taste)
20 almonds broken
20 cashewnuts broken
2 tbs. raisins
6-7 cardamom powder
few strands of saffron
- Soak the raisins and almonds in water for 20 minutes. Remove the skin.
- Boil the milk and reduce it to 1/2 its original quantity. Then when it is thick add sugar and saffron to it and keep on heating it.
- Add cardamom powder to the milk
- Cut all the dry fruits into small pieces and put it in the milk and keep on stirring it continuously so that the milk doesn’t stick to the bottom.
- For colouring you can add a few strands of saffron.
- Remove from heat and serve it cold
- Garnish with almonds and cashewnuts