Bharwa Baigan Recipe
Bharwa baigan is brinjals stuffed with the onion, garlic, oregano and cheese. Here is the recipe of cheesy bharva baigan.
Baigan (eggplants)- 6 small,
Butter- 30 gms.,
Onion (finely chopped)- one,
Garlic (crushed)- 1 clove,
Canned tomatoes with juice- 250 gms.,
Fresh breadcrumbs- 90 gms.,
Cheese (grated)- 60 gms.,
Dried oregano- 1 tbsp.,
Salt and pepper- to taste,
Green coriander few sprigs
How to make Bharwa Baigan:
- Cut off a thin slice along the length of baigan. Set it aside.
- Scoop out flesh from aubergines, leaving a 0.5 cm wall. Finely chop flesh.
- Melt butter in a saucepan and gently fry onion and garlic until soft.
- Add chopped aubergine and continue frying until tender.
- Switch off heat, stir in tomatoes, breadcrumbs, cheese and oregano and season with salt and pepper.
- Pack filling into aubergine shells. Replace lids and wrap separately in lightly oiled, double thickness foil.
- Barbecue on rack over medium coals, or cook directly in coals, for 20-30 munites.
- Garnish with sprigs of coriander.