This is an usual form of patties made from brinjals cut in round shapes and then coated with semolina and then shallow fried. Learn how to make brinjal patties.
1 brinjal (baigan)is the big one available in all super markets)
3 tsp chilli powder (can be varied according to taste)
1/2 cup rava or semolina
Salt to taste
5-6 tbsp oil for shallow frying
- Cut the brinjal in circles about 1/4 inch thick.
- Put the cut brinjal pieces in a bowl, add chilli powder and salt & mix them well.
- Allow to marinate for about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Take the rava in a plate & pat the brinjal pieces in the rava till they are well coated.
- In a flat bottomed pan add the oil & heat it.
- When the oil is hot drop the patties & shallow fry them on both sides.
- Drain them on a kitchen towel & eat it with rice.