Bund gobhi aur nariyal ki sabzi is a south indian preparation. The dessicated coconut cooked with the cabbage makes the cabbage vegetable very different.
2 tblsp oil (tel)
2 bay leaves (tej patta)
3/4 tsp whole cummin seeds (jeera saboot)
2 green chillies, chopped (hari mirch)
700 gm cabbage (patta gobhi), shredded
3/4 tsp salt (namak)
1/3 tsp sugar (sugar)
3 tblsp dessicated coconut (nariyal)
1/2 tsp ground cummin powder
- Heat oil in a kadai and add bay leaf, cumin seeds and green chillies.
- When the jeera seeds sputter add the cabbage, salt, sugar.
- Stir nicely and cover the lid and let the cabbage cook for 15 minutes on medium flame.
- Add the grated coconut, ground cumin.
- While stirring constantly let the cabbage cook fully and all moisture evaporates.