Cabbage carrot bhaji is easy to make and delicious to eat. Patta gobi aur gajar bhaji is rich in nutrients and can form part of the daily menu.
4 tblsp oil (tel)
1 tblsp black mustard seeds (rai)
1 dried red chilli (sukhi lal mirch)
1 cabbage(patta gobhi), finely sliced
350 gms carrots(gajjar), coarsely grated
1 green chilli (hari mirch), cut into thin strips and seeds removed
1/2 tsp sugar (cheeni)
4 tblsp chopped, fresh coriander (hara dhania)
1 tblsp fresh lemon juice (nimbu ka rus)
- Take a pan and heat oil in it.
- Add the mustard seeds and dried red chilly.
- When the mustard seeds sputter add the cabbage, carrot and the green chilly.
- Reduce the flame and stir fry for 30 seconds.
- Add sugar and coriander, stir fry till the vegetables are done.
- Now add the lemon juice.
- Before serving remove the dried red chilly.