Indian cabbage curry or kobi nu shak is a typical gujarati recipe. The cabbage (patta gobhi) is cooked with green chillies and flavored with jeera and mustard seeds.
2 tblsp oil (tel)
1 tsp mustard seeds (rai)
1 tsp urad daal
1 tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
1 green chilly
1 cup mixed vegetables
1 medium cabbage
salt to taste
1/8 tsp turmeric (haldi)
- Take a pan and heat the oil in it.
- To it add the mustard seeds, urad dal, cumin seeds and green chilly.
- Stir this mixture for few seconds till they get nicely roasted.
- Now add the mix vegetables and the cabbage.
- Add some salt and the turmeric also.
- Cook on high flame for some time and then cover the pan with a lid and cook till the vegetables are done.