Here is a very simple and easy to make cabbage sandwich. These patta gobhi or bund gobi sandwiches can be a part of the breakfast or can be packed to school in their tiffins.
1 cup cabbage (patta gobhi) shredded fine
1 carrot (gajjar) cut in thin juliennes
2 garlic (lahsun) clove
1/2 piece ginger (adrak)
1/2 tblsp butter
salt to taste
1/4 tsp pepper powder (kali mirch powder)
2 slices sandwich bread
- In a pan heat the butter and to it add the cabbage and carrots.
- Fry them till they are tender.
- Now add the salt, pepper, garlic and ginger.
- Mix all the ingredients properly and remove from fire.
- Let the mixture cool.
- Now take 1 spoonful of mixture and place it on one slice of bread and then put another slice on top of it.
- Place the bread slices in a sandwich maker and grill them till they are golden.
- When done sprinkle some grated cheese on them and serve hot with ketchup.