Mouthwatering cauliflower kofta curry is made by adding spices to chickpea flour and balls are cooked in tomato sauce. Learn how to make cauliflower koftas in tomato sauce.
12 large, ripe tomatoes, chopped
1 tblsp brown sugar
1 bay leaf
30 gms butter
1 tblsp chopped fresh basil
1 large cauliflower, roughly chopped
3/4 cup chickpea flour (also called besan flower)
2 tsp ground cumin
2 tsp ground coriander
1 tsp ground turmeric
1/4 tsp ground ginger
1/2 tsp ground genugreek
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
1 egg, lightly beaten
250 gms ghee
- To make sauce
- Blend tomatoes until smooth.
- Place in a saucepan and add sugar, bay leaf, paprika, butter and basil.
- Bring to the boil, simmer uncovered until sauce has reduced and thickened.
- To make koftas
- Blend cauliflower until finely chopped.
- Add flour, cumin, coriander, turmeric, ginger, fenugeek, cayenne and egg.
- Mix until combined roll into walnut-sized balls.
- Melt ghee in a frying pan, fry cauliflower balls on all sides, until firm and dark brown.
- Remove and drain on absorbent paper.