Cauliflower Paratha Recipe
Here is the recipe for the most popular dish of the north India : Cauliflower paratha or gobhi paratha as it is known locally.
3 teacups whole meal flour
2 small cauliflowers
1 chopped onion
2 chopped green chillies
1 1/2 teaspoons dhana-jira powder
1 tsp chopped ginger
1 tblsp chopped coriander
salt to taste
How to make Cauliflower Paratha:
- Grate the cauliflower. Sprinkle 1 teaspoon of salt over the cauliflower. Mix well.
- Allow to stand for 15 minutes.
- Take handfuls of the grated cauliflower and squeeze out the water.
- Now add the chilli powder, dhana-jira powder, coriander, green chillies, onions, ginger and salt. Mix well.
- Knead the dough very well.
- Take a small portion of the dough, flatten a little and put a tablespoon of the mixture in the centre. Cover the mixture by drawing up to edges towards the centre. Press on a floured board and roll out into a round as large as a saucer.
- Put the paratha on a hot tava (or skillet), cook for a minute or two and turn once. After a minute, add a little ghee around the edges.
- Turn again and fry the other side. When brown patches appear on both sides, the paratha is ready.
- Repeat for the rest of the dough.