Cauliflower Peas Pulao Recipe
Here is the step by step process for how to make cauliflower peas pulao or gobhi mattar pulao. It is a easy to make recipe for cauliflower pulao.
2 cups basmati rice
2 medium capsicum
1 small onion ( optional )
2 tblsp ghee
2 tsp cooking oil
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp. grated coconut
2 tblsp channa dhal
3 tblsp coriander seeds
1 tblsp urad dhal
4 dry red chilly
2 dried bay leaves
1/2 cinnamon stick
1 tsp cumin seeds
How to make Cauliflower Peas Pulao:
- Heat up 1/2 of the ghee in a deep pan over a low flame and fry the rice until each grain turns white. Do not let the grains turn golden brown in colour.
- Cook the rice in 3 1/2 cups water. If the rice is new, add just 3 cups of water.
- To the same pan, add the remaining ghee and fry the masala ingredients. Let it cool and then dry grind it along with the salt and coconut.
- Cut the capsicum into small pieces and cook in some water. Drain off the excess water and keep aside.
- Add the oil to the pan and sautee the onion (cut into fine pieces) until it is tender. Add the cooked capsicum and the masala powder and mix well. Cover and simmer for 2 minutes.
- After the rice has cooked, spread it on a large pan for cooling down. Add the cooked vegetable, grated coconut and masala. Mix thoroughly.
- If interested, garnish with chopped coriander/cilantro and also small pieces of cashew fried golden brown in some ghee.