Here is a yummy, spicy chana recipe. Learn how to make Indian chana masala.
1 cup white chickpeas (kabuli chane)
1 piece ginger (adrak)
1 green chilly (hari mirch)
few coriander leaves (dhania patti)
½ tsp roasted cumin powder (jeera)
1 tsp salt (namak)
2 tsp chana masala
½ tsp spice blend (garam masala)
½ tsp red chilly powder (lal mirch)
¼ tsp meetha soda
2 cloves (laung)
3 cinnamon stick (dalchini)
1 bay leaf (tej patta)
4 black pepper (sabut kali mirch)
1 tbsp tamarind (imli)
1 tbsp oil
How To Make Chana Masala:
- Soak chane in water for 6-7 hours.
- Then cook in pressure cooker with meetha soda, 4 cup water and salt.
- Crush laung, kali mirch and dalchini and put it in pressure cooker along with tej patta.
- Cook it to one whistle and then simmer for 20 minutes.
- When chane are cooked properly remove it from the flame.
- Finely chop adrak and hari mirch.
- Soak imli in ½ cup water for an hour and then strain.
- Heat oil in a pan and put bhuna jeera powder in it.
- Then fry adrak paste and then chane.
- Lastly add all the other ingredients and cook for 2 minutes and then remove it from the flame.
- Garnish with dhania patti.
- Serve it along with finely chopped pyaj.