Learn how to make this delicious chocolate moongdal halwa. Chocolate moongdal halva is a fusion dish made by adding the chocolate flavour to the tradional moongdal halwa.
1 cup moong dal (yellow) soaked.
1.5 cups sugar
1/2 tsp elaichi powder
2 tbsp almond flakes
1/2 cup chocolate sauce
1/2 cup mawa
1 gm saffron
2 tbsp assorted chopped dry fruits
3-4 tbsp ghee.
- Clean, wash and soak the moongdal for 10 minutes.
- Add sugar to the dal along with a little water and cook on a low flame.
- Add grated mawa and ghee alongwith elaichi powder and continue cooking on a low flame until the dal is well cooked, cool.
- Add in half the chocolate sauce and nuts, mix well.
- Arrange in a serving bowl and top with more sauce and nuts.