Cocktail Samosa Recipe
Here's a delicious, spicy snack recipe. Learn how to make cocktail samosa.
1 1/2 cup refined flour (maida)
1/2 cup semolina (sooji)
a pinch baking powder
1 big cauliflower (phool gobi)
3 potato (alu)
a pinch ginger (adrak)
4 green chilly (hari mirch)
8-10 cashew nut (kaju)
8-10 raisins (kishmish)
1/2 tsp sugar (chini)
1 tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
salt to taste
1 tsp red chilly powder (lal mirch)
1 1/2 tsp spice blend (garam masala)
1/2 tsp dry mango powder (amchoor)
oil for frying
4 tbsp clarified butter (ghee)
How to make Cocktail Samosa:
- Mix baking powder, 1/2 tsp salt and 4 tbsp ghee in thickened milk.
- Knead into dough using water and leave it covered for an hour.
- Boil, peel and mash potato.
- Grate cauliflower and ginger.
- Heat 4 tbsp oil in a pan.
- Fry ginger, green chilies, cumin seeds, salt, red chilly powder, spice blend and cauliflower in it.
- Cook covered at low flame and stir occasionally.
- When cauliflower softens, add sugar, potatoes, cashew nuts, raisins and mango powder. Mix well and remove it from the flame.
- Now make small balls of refined milk and roll into small and thin chapatti.
- Cut it in the centre.
- Now make a cone of this half and stuff it with potatoes mixture.
- Stick the corners with water to give a cone shape.
- Heat oil in a pan and deep fry all samosas until they turn brown.
- Serve them hot with hare dhanie ki chutney and meethi chutney.